Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ena's Singing and Being Lovely

Being around Ena is marvelous (and exhausting!) for us. Here's one thing right now wakes us up from the exhaustion.
We've sung to her like crazy since, well before she was out even. She's vocalized like singing, especially on evening walks when she was tired for a while, but now we here the songs coming back. She's spontaneously singing, songs she knows like "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "ABCs" (same melody, a roll of letters mostly there and many in the right order), or "I Had a Little Rooster" ("cockadoody doo, a doodly doo...") Asleep, I swear she finished M's tired "Danny Boy" verse in little puffed hums as I put her into her crib last night. And tonight when I sung "You Are My Sunshine" instead of "Twinkle, Twinkle" as my the start of go-to-sleep Ena session, urging her to join in as she has, she did, a little vague on the words, but there with me singing it. Lovely.
She's two tomorrow. She knows she's becoming a "Big Girl, " she forces her little body up her outside slide saying "Big kids do it," and she sung "Happy Birthday to Ena" in the back of the car coming back from swimming (lots of powered floating today). I hope we're letting her know how lovely she is still, in a house waiting for an overdue little sister: "Baby coming to Ena's house. Wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.