We've started to use Ena's stroller more often. I hadn't realized just how heavy she has become and how awkward it was getting taking her for a walk in the wrap. A couple of weeks ago I took her out for a walk using the wrap and I ended up with terrible shoulder pain and a bad headache. During the walk Ena had been trying to push herself up higher with her feet so that she could see more. I think all that wriggling and her increased weight was the problem for my shoulders. Since then E and I have been taking her out in the stroller. I put her in a big fluffy winter suit (another item from Joanna!) to keep warm and she just kind of gets into a meditative state. She doesn't make any noise, just looks around with her big eyes.
I am slowly learning how to use the stroller. Not having been around many babies before I don't really know the tricks for getting on and off sidewalks, through doors and past or around obstacles. I am acquiring so many new skills as a mother! (ha, ha) On Sunday we all went for our first walk together since Christmas holidays ended. E has been so busy with work lately - rehearsing the festival show with his students, preparing report cards, planning for the new semester of classes...we haven't had a chance to get out together. It was a beautiful day on Sunday though and hard to pass up. E managed (for the first time since he's been teaching!) to get his report cards done before the weekend ended (by staying up till four in the morning on Saturday, mind you) so we all went out for a lovely stroll. As you can see by the photo, the tide was really high and I'm sure some buildings in Cow Bay had a little flooding.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.