Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ena's First Birthday Party


Ena didn't quite know what it was all about, I suppose, but the rest of us kids were very excited. She liked the company - as she always does (Mom and Da must be very dull) - and certainly knew she had gifts. When the postman came the previous day with Aunty S's package, she immediately hit, bit, and hugged it. Everything brightly coloured she knows is hers, (and most everything else too). Did she know it was all about her? Of course (because everything is!).

I hope Momma felt proud of all her work a year ago (birthdays are really mother's days, though we don't acknowledge that, aren't they?) and I felt so proud of how much Ena's grown and learned since then. We tell her what she was like when she was first born, showing her her screwed-up eyes, wide-mouthed 'whahhh!' when she points at her baby picture on the calendar, and she laughs. When the photo was taken I couldn't imagine her seeing herself, pointing, let alone laughing. And I know she'll even talk about herself and think analytically about herself one day - how impossible to imagine. But what she learns every day feels impossible, so there you go.

Oh, and so many nice things in cards and lovely (unnecessary) gifts - she is a lucky girl. It made me think of all the support we felt after she was born with good wishes and clothes from everyone close and far.

Enough of my ramblings, here's two more photos of her party.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.